[AccessD] William Hindman (Re: Visual Basic 2008 Express & VB.NET)

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Sat Mar 14 01:41:15 CDT 2009

Susan

...try these for beginner level stuff

http://www.microsoft.com/express/vb/default.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/beginner/bb308760.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/beginner/default.aspx

...and not that you asked, but if it were me doing it all over again I'd
skip the vb.net stuff and go straight to c#.net
...there really isn't that much difference in the syntax and elsewise the
learning curve is the same
...and what you'll find in the end is that there are far, far more "good"
code samples available in c#.net than vb.net
...I let the C# scare me off at first, assuming that vb.net would be like
vb/vba ...but it just isn't
...and when you get into it, you'll find answers in c# that just don't exist
in vb and then start using the free translation sites
...and when you see the c#.net code you input come out in vb.net, it will
dawn on you that the structure and logic is the same, only the syntax
differs
...so why spend the time learning the vb.net syntax when you're eventually
going to start writing in c# anyway if you're serious about learning dotnet

...I know, I know ...but I'm going to remind you I told you so one of these
days :)

William