[AccessD] William Hindman (Re: Visual Basic 2008 Express &VB.NET)

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Mar 14 09:35:41 CDT 2009

I use and strongly recommend Sun VirtualBox.
http://www.virtualbox.org/

It comes either as Open Source under a GNU GPL licence or closed source under a
"VirtualBox Personal Use and Evaluation License" .

The Personal Use clause is very open:
"Personal Use" requires that you use the Product on the same Host Computer where you
installed it yourself and that no more than one client connect to that Host Computer at a
time for the purpose of displaying Guest Computers remotely."

The closed source version is definitely the one to get, because of its additonal features.

>From reviews on the web, VirtualBox seems to be a better product in a number of ways and
it is under constant development - they come up with a new version about once a month..

Cheers,
Stuart