[AccessD] OT: My Software - Max Wanadoo

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 03:43:59 CDT 2009

OT: My Software - Max Wanadoo

My Recommended Freeware Software (In Use, Under Test, To Lookat)
Hope it might help Listers.

1. Sometime only free for personal use.  Sometime requires Registration
2. Take it as you find it.

IN USE
1. Glary Utilities
http://www.glaryutilities.com
a. Registry Cleaner
b. Shortcuts fixer
c. Startup Manager
d. Temp file cleaner
e. Tracks Erasor (with options)
f. Spyware Remover

2. WhoCrashed (analyse crash dumps - bad drivers etc)
http://www.resplendence.com/main

3. FBackup
http://www.fbackup.com/

4. Auto Hotkeys
http://autohotkey.net/~sysop/
http://www.autohotkey.net/
1. Tons of stuff to do. I like the Warning Message I can put on my screen on
bootup.

5. Hot Corners
http://programsforpeers.googlepages.com/
a. Assign actions to each 4 corners of the screen.

6. Recuva
http://www.recuva.com/
1. Retrieve deleted programs etc

UNDER TEST
Software Currently Being Tested
1. PC Tools Firewall Plus
2. Virtual Box
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
3. Virtual PC (Link came from William)
http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=21eabb90-958f-4b64-b5f1-73d0a413c8ef&displaylang=en
4. Virtual PC
http://www.returnilvirtualsystem.com/
Turns whole PC into Virtual one. Requires reboot
5. Home Web Server
file:///C:/MyInstalledSoftware/Home%20Web%20Server/support.html

TO LOOK AT
Software I want to look at:-

1. Clone2Go Video Converter
http://www.clone2go.com/
a. Not .mp4 or .3gp
b. ok for youtube etc
c. handled Flash Video (FLV)

2. MediaPortal
http://www.team-mediaportal.com/
http://www.mediaportal.com/
a. Turns PC into Media Player
b. "listen to your favorite music & radio, watch and store your videos and
DVDs, view, schedule and record live TV as a digital video recorder and much
much more. You get MediaPortal as Open Source software."

3. MyHeritage Family Tree
http://www.myheritage.com/