[AccessD] FMS Article on the new features in Access 2007

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 16:51:37 CDT 2009

My daughter called me in a panic one night because she'd updated her resume
and couldn't find it. She didn't have Word on her system when she opened the
file I sent her (I had a copy) and so it used Goggle Docs, which is fine,
but it also saved the resume on Goggle's server! It took an hour for me to
talk her through it and finally find it, which she then saved to her local
system, but criminy!

Now, it's totally possible that Vista gave her some kind of message about
what it was doing originally, but if you don't know you don't have the right
software, you're probably not savvy enough to understand, "Vista is saving
your document to Goggles server, Okay????" She would've had absolutely no
idea what that meant, even if it displayed it.

Susan H.