[AccessD] Kill Text

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Sun Mar 22 16:44:01 CDT 2009

Group

...the following function has been working fine in all versions of Access
from A97 through A2k2 but fails in A2k3
...I use it to delete any txt files in the directory before importing a new
one into it.
...regardless of the presence of .txt files it returns the 2nd msgbox and
does not delete the txt files in the directory
...I'm stumped ...anyone have any idea why its not working in A2k3? ...what
am I NOT seeing?
Function KillTxt()

Dim fs As Variant
Dim i As Integer
Dim FileList As String

   ' Change to the appropriate folder
   ChDir "C:\Program Files\EMSReports\Imports"

   Set fs = Application.FileSearch
   With fs
    .Lookin = "C:\Program Files\EMSReports\Imports"
    .FileName = "*.txt"
    If .Execute > 0 Then

        FileList = "*.txt"
        Kill "C:\Program Files\EMSReports\Imports\" & FileList

        MsgBox "There were " & .FoundFiles.Count & " *.txt file(s) found in
the C:\Program Files\EMSReports\Imports directory and deleted."
        For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count
            MsgBox .FoundFiles(i)
        Next i
    Else
        MsgBox "There were no *.txt files found in the C:\Program
Files\EMSReports\Imports directory."
    End If
   End With
   Set fs = Nothing