[AccessD] science on visual controls

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 02:45:58 CDT 2009

Steve, this is also worded as "...if it ain't broken, don't fix it"

Others have expressed themselves here, but obfuscation is the word I would
use for Ribbons and Vista.  Under the hood, little (apart from security with
UAC - which I have now turned off, so that was a waste of money), has
changed.  Getting to it has changed.

An analogy:

You spend years finding your way safely through a minefield wearing a
blindfold.  One day the Colonel calls you in and says, "Smithers, old chap.
Those damn enemy have changed everything.  Apparently the only way through
the minefield is backwards."  "Oh," says Smithers, "Have they moved the
mines".

"No, stupid boy", roars the Colonel.  "The mines are where they have always
been but now instead of wearing a blindfold, you have to walk backwards".

Max