[AccessD] AccessD Forum/was Please Help!

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Wed Mar 25 15:18:25 CDT 2009

GK

1) I disagree that this is NOT the place to discuss such a plan
...implementing it is different, but discussing the concept pro & con
certainly does belong here imnsho since it directly impacts every AccessD
user.

2) I like getting an e-mail alert whenever there is a new post to the lists
I monitor ...if a forum version notified me of new posts in threads I was
tracking and gave me a link back, then I'd like the idea ...such forum
software does exist but the costs and operational implications need to be
understood and impacted.

There is a huge amount of volunteer time and donated monies invested in
building and maintaining the current list serve and web site ...a move to a
forum format would require doing a lot of that work all over again ...it was
fairly easy when we first built this list to find skilled volunteers to
carry that load ...I'm not sure it is doable again.

William