[AccessD] Identify Validation Rules in Access 2007

Jack and Pat drawbridgej at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 30 07:09:33 CDT 2009

Thanks Gustav,
I passed the message on. We'll see how it goes.

Jack

Hi Jack

> He is unfamiliar with the original table, and Access generally.
That could turn into a long day ...

Trial and error. Add one new record manually to the master table using
values from an existing record. Replace field by field with values from the
new table.

/gustav
>>> drawbridgej at sympatico.ca 30-03-2009 03:31 >>>

I'm trying to help someone remotely with an Access 2007 issue. I don't have
2007. He is running an Append query, but is getting Validation rule error.
All records destined for the Append are rejected.

He is unfamiliar with the original table, and Access generally.

He has 2 tables. A is his master table. B is the table with records to be
appended to A, if they don't already exist in A.

Field types in both tables match.

Is there a way programmatically, or some other way, to identify what the
validation rule is/are?

jack