[AccessD] An Interesting question

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:43:11 CDT 2009

Rocky, sorry I took so long to respond, here's how I did it in my old
A97/A2K sample.
I did it the "kludgey way" :)

Create two text boxes: one named txtlblCompanyName, the other named
txtCompanyName

Here are the parameters for txtlblCompanyName:

Control Source: =IIf(nz([txtCompanyName])="","Company Name","")

Back Style: Normal
Fore Color: 9868950
Text Align: Center

Tab Stop: No

Here are the parameters for txtCompanyName:
Control Source: = nothing selected (my form was unbound)

Back Style: Transparent
Fore Color: 0
Text Align: General

Tab Stop: Yes

Click on txtlblCompanyName and "Send to Back" (Format ->Send To Back)
Click on txtCompanyName and "Send to Front" (Format ->Send To Front)

Position txtCompanyName directly over txtlblCompanyName and test.

David McAfee