[AccessD] Form corruption

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:14:20 CDT 2009

Hi Janet,

It is my understanding that database corruption is most often caused
by network or other hardware issues. If you are working off a network
drive you might be having network issues or if you are working locally
then you might want to do some hard drive diagnostics to make sure you
are not walking the edge before a failure.

What version of Access are you using and what version format is the
database stored in?  I have heard that A2003 database format had an
issue that tended to cause bloat. I've continued to always use A2K
format for my databases that I update in either A2002 or A2003
versions. I can't remember the last time I ever had a corruption
incident but I am mostly doing data extraction from external ODBC
databases and then doing quieries over those which are exported to
Excel mostly. I don't create a lot of forms or other objects and very
little VBA code.

Here is an interesting article on Access Database Corruption.

http://www.everythingaccess.com/tutorials.asp?ID=Access-Database-Corruption-Repair-Guide

Good luck with it.

GK