[AccessD] MSADO28.tlb and MDAC

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed May 6 06:09:56 CDT 2009

If you are using an FE on a workstation to an SQL Server BE on a server, the MDAC on the
server is irrelevant, it's the workstation MDAC that does the work.

I doubt that this is MDAC related.

I'd suspect a permission problem.

Does the server have another instance of SQL Server running on it?
Is the Windows Server 2003 running in a domain?
Are the SQL Server instances on Vista and Win 2003 set up to used Windows
Authentication, SQL Server Authentication or "Mixed mode"?

(I don't have access to Win Server 2003 at the moment so can't answer about the latest file
versions.)

--
Stuart