[AccessD] Lebans PDF code in Vista

Carolyn Johnson cjlabs at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 6 10:36:49 CDT 2009

I have 2 databases (AS database, OS database) that use Lebans convert-to-pdf code.   The code has worked great for years in Access2000-2003 and WinXP.

When I run the AS database in Access2003 on my Vista computer, the code works fine.

When I run the OS database in Access2003 on Vista, it stops at the

    Docmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, rptName, "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)", strPathandFileName line.

The "outputting to . . " window pops up and goes away.   The .snp file is not created.   There's no error.   It just stops running.

There are differences between these 2 databases, but the code called -- convert to pdf -- is the same in both.

If I import the code from the AS database to the OS database, the code no longer works.

I've tried with an older version of Lebans code and the most recent version -- no differerence.

I've tried decompiling the database  -- no difference.  Compiles fine.  No missing references.  Office2003 has the most recent updates on both the XP and Vista computers.

(The code does run in XP.)

Has anyone had this problem?   Any ideas?

Thanks
Carolyn Johnson
St Louis, MO