[AccessD] (was: Report with 3 column detail section)

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri May 8 15:10:51 CDT 2009

Hi John:

Maybe the following is not the most sophisticated method but it works...
every time. I am assuming that you are talking about a report that has a
header and footer with a 3 column subtable.

When the report starts, a public function is called from the report's open
event. The function does the following:
1. Checks to see if a specific hidden table exists, if it does not, it
creates it from template (handles multi-user issues) and if it does, clears
any data.
2. The table has the equivalent of 3 columns. (Any configuration...)
3. The function now queries the data set and through a series of for/next
loops populates the table.
4. The new table is used for the subtable.

This technique works every time regardless of how complex of subtable that
is required for the report display.

Jim