[AccessD] (was: Report with 3 column detail section)

A.D.Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Sat May 9 03:30:23 CDT 2009

John,

    Two of my sample db's, as mentioned below, might be of interest to you:

    (a) Report_WithColumnHeaders
    (b) SubReportTwoColBalanced

    These are available at Rogers Access Library. Link -
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=45

    Report_WithColumnHeaders, mentioned at (a) above, demonstrates a three column report having group-wise column headers as well as page break after each group. Both styles of column layout, i.e. Across and then Down (A&D) as well as Down and then Across (D&A) are shown.

    Coming to your first post, if A&D layout is adopted, the columns get automatically balanced in a report as well as subreport. No special treatment is needed. However, if there are compelling reasons to adhere to D&A layout, SubReportTwoColBalanced, mentioned at (b) above, demonstrates balancing of subreport's column heights despite adoption of  D&A layout. It takes care of subreports larger than one page and covers both situations as follows:
    (1) Straight content (no group levels).
    (2) Grouped content - This calls for balancing of columns within each group.

    Both samples are in Access 2000 file format. Further details are given in accompanying explanatory notes.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal