[AccessD] Deleting Duplicates

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Sat May 16 04:56:36 CDT 2009

Thank you

Max

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: 16 May 2009 09:14
To: accessd at databaseadvisors.com
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Deleting Duplicates

Hi Max

Yes, from Bill (is he still with us?) on 2001-01-25:

<quote>
Make sure to make a backup & test it first. . .

1. Add an autonumber field if you don't have a PK.
2. Create a totals Query1 which shows GroupBy the name, and First of the PK.
3. Create a delete Query2 with the PK criteria like this:

Not In (Select FirstOfPK From Query1;)

When you run the delete Query2 it will delete everything _except_ the first
occurrence of each name.
Bill Mitchell, MCP

</quote>

/gustav

>>> max.wanadoo at gmail.com 16-05-2009 10:03 >>>
Hi Gustav,
Do you have a quick sql where I can delete duplicate records leaving just
one behind.  The wizard shows me all but I need only the duplicate so that I
can delete it.

ta

Max