[AccessD] Thunderbird junk filter

Gary Kjos garykjos at gmail.com
Tue May 26 19:28:09 CDT 2009

No but list traffic has been way down of late so we will sometimes let
things go as they often die out as fast as or faster than we can
convince people to end a thread anyway. Occasional off topics are
tolerated by the moderators to varying degrees depending on the
moderator. And since we are all volunteer moderators who have actual
work to do, sometimes the thread has started, bloomed and ended before
any of us speaks up.

I beleive we have seperate lists so people who DON'T CARE about
certain subject matter need not be subjected to it. Everyone is
welcome to subscribe to all the public lists. Not like it's a hugely
different crowd on the other lists for the most part. I subscribe to
most of the lists even though I don't read every single thread on
every list. As Stuart pointed out having the lists separate also
allows members to use e-mail rules to move incoming messages to
folders.

So at this point, while I wouldn't say it would never happen, I
wouldn't bet on it happening soon. The decision would be made by the
Database Advisors  Board of Directors who are elected by the Database
Advisors Shareholders.

You can see who is in those groups on our website

http://www.databaseadvisors.com/

GK

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Jim Dettman <jimdettman at verizon.net> wrote:

>  Have the rules as far off topic postings been relaxed?  I'm asking, not
> complaining<g>.
>
>  It seems to me that with the so many of us using a variety of tools, and
> the number of off topic posts that appear here anyway, everyone would be
> better served with one combined list.
>
>  I think the DBA board should consider combining the VB, SQL, and Tech lists
> into AccessD.
>
> Jim.

Gary Kjos
garykjos at gmail.com