[AccessD] 'Find' popup location

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Thu May 28 12:08:38 CDT 2009

I kinda figured you had multiple monitors.  That's the reason I created
that program, because multiple monitors can wreak havoc with some
programs when it comes to their opening positions.  In my case, I had
Microsoft Photo Editor, would 'open' off screen.  You could Maximize it,
and it would be there, but in 'normal' mode, it was off screen.  I
actually wrote that 'MoveWindows' program for my brother, cause he was
having a similar problem with a different program, that wouldn't
maximize either.

What's neat about that program is that most people don't realize how
many 'windows' are actually running on their computer.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Doug Steele
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 11:12 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] 'Find' popup location

Thanks, Drew.  That's an interesting program.  It does work, but after I
move the Find window, close Access and come back in, the Find window
still
jumps to the same place, almost out of sight at the top of the monitor.

I've been experimenting, and I think I found out the cause of this
behaviour.  I'm working with dual monitors and the vertical resolution
of
the two monitors is different.  I suspect that Access can't handle this,
and
is trying to put the Find window in what would be the clear space at the
top
of the vertically shorter monitor.  If I change the alignment of the
monitors in Display Properties/Settings so that the tops of the displays
are
aligned instead of the bottoms, the Find window then disappears at the
bottom of the shorter monitor. The Find window works OK if I use the
larger
monitor for my code window.

Guess I'm just going to have to treat myself to a second big monitor!

Doug