[AccessD] MS Accounting discontinued

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Nov 1 03:16:26 CST 2009

That's what I meant by "this part of the world" - Australia, NZ, PNG, Pacific Islands.

In between MYOB and SAP/JDE  is Attache/Accpac/Peachtree  and the accounting system
from hell known as Greentree.

I've got one client that switched from Dataflex/CBA to Greentree.  I was pulling a lot of data
out of the previous system and manipulating it in Access.  Greentree uses an Object
Oriented database called Jade and has the worst OBDC connectivity I've ever seen.  Very
primitive and it exposed thousands of virtual tables with weird names and relationships.  I've
told the client that I refuse to use it.  If they want the data manipulated, they have to create
text files from the built in query generator and I will pick that up and massage it.

--
Stuart