[AccessD] Migrating an existing linked FE-BE Access DB to SQL Server-best method?

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Sun Nov 1 16:12:07 CST 2009

Hi Stuart,

You didn't mention if your system runs on a LAN or a WAN.  If you're on a
LAN, then ODBC table links and DAO will work just fine, and that is a very
simple change.

However, if this system is on a WAN, then using ODBC table links, and
therefore DAO, will be extremely slow for remote users.  In this case you
might want to upsize to an ADP.  But again, you don't have to - you can use
continue to use an MDB.  Here you should probably do a search on 'Access MDB
vs. ADP'.

Dan