[AccessD] SPAM-LOW: Re: Bug in access

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 15:04:17 CST 2009

What is weird, when I try to create a Cdec() in the QBE I am getting an error:
"the expression you entered has a function containing the wrong number
of arguments"

it wont accept
SELECT CDec("123.45") AS Expr1, tblMyTable.CPName, CDec([CPName]) AS Expr2
FROM tblMyTable;

but will accept:
SELECT CLng("123.45",0) AS Expr1, tblMyTable.CPName, CDec([CPName],0) AS Expr2
FROM tblMyTable;

which returns
Expr1	CPName	Expr2
0	David McAfee
0	Bill Gates
0	Larry Ellison
0	Megan Fox
0	123.45	0
0	678.90	0

>From help:
Note that at this time the Decimal data type can only be used within a
Variant. You cannot declare a variable to be of type Decimal. You can,
however, create a Variant whose subtype is Decimal using the CDec
function.