[AccessD] Access/SQL

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Fri Nov 13 14:08:30 CST 2009

Thanks Charlotte!

I'll be getting there next year.  :-)

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 1:09 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Access/SQL

There are the properties that John mentions, but you can also specify a
controleditor for a grid column and set that to another kind of control.
We use customized versions of various controls to keep the UI appearance
of them uniform.  So we often set the editor to one of our custom
comboboxes if we want more control than just a dropdown.  This is really
useful if we want to set a datetime coumn to one of our customized
datetimebox controls or timebox controls, which handle the formatting
and behavior automatically.

Charlotte Foust