[AccessD] Duplicates on Two Values

Asger Blond ab-mi at post3.tele.dk
Wed Nov 18 14:09:57 CST 2009

Virginia,
Did you try Rocky's suggestion? Just tried it - works fine.
Private Sub Field1_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
    If Field1.Value = Field2.Value Then
        MsgBox "Dublicate values for Field1 and Field2 not allowed"
        Cancel = True
    End If
End Sub
Private Sub Field2_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer)
    If Field1.Value = Field2.Value Then
        MsgBox "Dublicate values for Field1 and Field2 not allowed"
        Cancel = True
    End If
End Sub
Don't know why this shouldn't do for you - perhaps I'm missing something?
Asger