[AccessD] Currency symbols

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Nov 26 11:55:03 CST 2009

I'm not sure this is less work but:

In a packaged app that I sell overseas (when I'm lucky) I took the Currency format out of the dollar figures throughout the app and replaced it with Standard.  On the user's Preferences form, I gave them a place where they could enter whatever currency symbol they want and made it big enough to hold three characters so they could put in Rls, Pta, or whatever.

Then I put a text box to the left of the text box with the money numbers to print a currency symbol.  The control source for the currency symbol text box is =currencysymbol() where currencysymbol() is a function which returns the currency symbol from the user's preferences table.

So the user has control over what symbol they want on their money numbers. But this may be overkill for you.

Rocky