[AccessD] Access 2010 - Publish To Sharepoint

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Mon Nov 30 20:48:57 CST 2009

Hi Doug,

An Access web app creates a site in SharePoint.

If you are in a large organisation that already runs a SharePoint server,
then obviously you would publish to your corporate server.

Otherwise, you would most likely consider using a SharePoint hosting service
of some sort.  Most individuals and small organisations that have a website,
do not run their own web server.  They have their site hosted.  Same with an
Access web app - get it hosted.  There are a large (and increasing) number
of companies offering SharePoint hosting, most for a very moderate monthly
charge.  One of the web hosting companies that I use, webhost4life.com are
offering an attractive deal.  Other options are to publish your web app to
Office Live, or SharePoint Online.  There is also speculation that we may be
able to publish to a SkyDrive site.  I expect other options will also become
available in time.

Regards
Steve