[AccessD] Select a node in a treeview

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 16:32:18 CDT 2009

Is there any intelisense with treeview?

Anybody?

Max

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Drew Wutka
Sent: 06 October 2009 17:03
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Select a node in a treeview

This would be something you need to do based on the Key values.

So let's say you have a simple treeview based on one table that has an 'ID'
field.

When you create the node, set the key to "ID:" & rs.fields("IDField").value

Then to retrieve the node:

tvwData.Nodes("ID:" & rs.fields("IDField").value)

for more complex treeviews, with multiple sources, it's just a matter of
extending the process.  For example, I have a 'request' treeview, which will
show user requests (tblRequests), along with Interim Reports, Final Reports,
'Punts', Purchase Requests, etc.  All from different tables.  Each of those
other tables have a unique key, BUT, the keys COULD be the same from a
request and an interim report(or any other sub 'object').  So, my
requestNodes would be:

"ID:1", "ID:2006", etc.

My Interim Report nodes would be:

"ID:1:INTRM:12"  (so this key tells me it's request 1, with Interim 12).

This way, when I ask for "ID:1", I get the request node.  If I ask for
"ID:1:INTRM:12" I get the interim node, and I never have a clash of IDs.  I
can also tell what the node represents from the key this way too.

Drew