[AccessD] Select a node in a treeview

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Wed Oct 7 14:42:24 CDT 2009

Don't use full path, use 'key'.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Max Wanadoo
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 12:41 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Select a node in a treeview

Slowly making progress.

I have now built the tree ok but when I try to position back on a node I
get
an error.

This first bit is ok.
  Dim tvw As TreeView, nod As Node, strNod As String
  Set tvw = Me.TreeView1.Object
  Set nod = tvw.Nodes("Lv3:1") ' hard code the key
  nod.Selected = True ' select it

as does this bit.

  strNod = nod.FullPath ' get the name (path) of the selected node.
  Debug.Print strNod ' works fine
  MsgBox strNod ' works fine

  'the above works just fine but when  I try to reverse it I get an
error
35601Element not found

Try to position on a key using the key's value
  Set nod = tvw.Nodes(strNod)
  nod.Selected = True

ERROR

	I am looking for some way to get it to position on a key from
the
key's  value.

Any help appreciated.

Max