[AccessD] It's About Time I Learned This

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Thu Oct 8 16:17:34 CDT 2009

I think so.

Suppose I have a report based no a fairly complex query.  In the form which
calls the report I have a customer ID, a reporting quarter, a reporting
year, and a class of merchandise - all selectable by the user depending on
what they want the contents of the report to be.  So in the query I would
have four criteria.

Normally I would go to the SQL view of the query, paste that into the
report's Open event as the Me.RecordSource, and modify it adding WHERE
clauses or, in the case of a summation query HAVING clauses to get the
filtered recordset the user wants on the report.

But isn't there a way to modify that stored query in code adding those
criteria and using the modified query as the record source of the report?