[AccessD] Firday OT: What books do 8 years old kids reads and likes there?

Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com Elizabeth.J.Doering at wellsfargo.com
Fri Oct 9 08:27:20 CDT 2009

Shamil,

This is a wonderful and ambitious list of authors; most 8 year olds here are not reading at this level yet!

I'm sure my nephew-age 9-is more about Captain Underpants than about Jules Verne.

My daughter-age 18-came home this week with a list of perhaps 75 classic novels and the assignment to pick one and write a 5 page critical essay.  I, English major that I was, turned to our bookshelves and quickly pulled out 6 or 7 from the list that I could also recommend for her taste.  She said, "why aren't you an English teacher?".  I had to reply that it is because I don't like kids-they don't do as they are told!

I will put together a longer list of suggestions and send to you off line.

Liz