[AccessD] AccessD Digest, Vol 80, Issue 13

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:15:25 CDT 2009

 Rocky

> Thanks.  Although I'm a DAO guy not and ADO guy.  Can it be done in DAO?

In case someone else hasn't given a sample, handling parameters in DAO is
easy:

        Set Db = CurrentDB()

        Set Qdf = Db.QueryDefs("myQuery")
        With Qdf
            .Parameters("myParm") = "Value"
            Set Rs = .OpenRecordset()
            .Close
        End With

I have found that parameter queries are slow to load, particularly the the
first time.

But, if you want 'independent' parameters, where you can select values for
some, and have the rest not affect the query output, you still have to use
the kind of optional expressions that I described in my earlier post.

-Ken