[AccessD] Back Up Your Backup

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Oct 13 11:10:32 CDT 2009

Hi Rocky

The subject line should rather be: Don't rely on a single backup system.

For critical data this is simple. One backup system only introduces a single point of failure. Thus, we recommend clients to have three, at least two, independent backup systems:

1. A local backup. Previously that would be a tape backup. Today typically a harddisk, internal or external.
2. Another local backup where the media frequently is brought off-site, typically an external harddisk brought to some other location with fast access.
3. A remote backup.

This is so cheap to establish that every serious business should run this way. Still - and that is very strange to me - only very few clients run this way.

/gustav

>>> rockysmolin at bchacc.com 13-10-2009 17:52 >>>

Sidekick users distraught as personal data vanishes
http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/oct/13/sidekick-users-distraught-personal-data-vanishes/?uniontrib