[AccessD] A momentary lapse of reason: Part II

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Oct 15 17:19:15 CDT 2009

John,

One thing to do is simply build a temp table and append each query into that table.  Doing this
would allow you to see the resulting records from each query that you wanted to union.  check that
each query returns the records you expect, and if not find out why not.  Look at the total in the
temp table.  See if the results are what you expect, and if not discover why not.  Go back to the
union and see if the results match what is in the temp table, if not discover why.

Breaking the problem down like this might allow you to discover where your expectations are not
being met, and maybe even why your expectations are not being met.