[AccessD] Access2007 Question

Tony Septav iggy at nanaimo.ark.com
Mon Oct 26 14:38:55 CDT 2009

Hey All
You guys/gals are scaring me again.
I don't  understand this continuous discussion of the demise of Access.
If you can produce a sound stable application, it really does not matter
what platform you develop it in.  The client is the final determining
factor, if they are happy then you are happy.  I still have a couple of
applications out there running under Access97, they work and the client
is happy.
I updated to Access 2003 on the advise from this list, and avoided
Access2007.
And interesting enough,  in the last couple of weeks I have been bashed
by the Oracle developers who have said again "Oh you are using that
toy,  Access".  My come back was " Okay give me a project and let us
take the gloves off and see who produces the best project", no takers.
On the other end "Yes I may be falling behind", but it is only marketing
that is dictating what  is the new flavour of the week.  If you do your
job and you do it well, who cares what marketing tells you.

Everyday I see so much extraordinary work done by the individuals on
this list and I am constatntly amazed.  Why is everyone so willing to
throw in the towel.