[AccessD] Winfax Pro and Access

Steve Erbach erbachs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 15:57:17 CDT 2009

Stuart,
>> First question is why does he receive requests for bids by fax <<

First answer: because that's the way most of them do it.  I agree, though,
that it would be ideal if they'd all switch to e-mail.

However, I'm pretty sure that the people requesting bids print a hard copy
of the items for which they want prices.  That hard copy is saved in their
files.  It's easy enough to print the document to a PDF (for us, anyway),
but I think it might be a long haul before everyone switched to e-mail.

>> These days, if you have  an "All-in-one" printer/scanner/fax (I use an HP
Officejet J4500),
you can just print an Access report to it and it will interface to your
Addressbook with all of
your customer details. No need for third party software  such as Winfax. <<

I guess I knew that Windows handled faxes...I have simply never used its
capability.

>> I've got one system with a client which sends out several thousand PDF
invoices as email
attachments every month  - all done through a mash up of Access, MakePDF,
Blat and a
another small PowerBasic application to tie them together. <<

The term "mashup" is precisely appropriate with my client.

Is it "MailPDF" or "MakePDF"?

I take it that PowerBasic is your language of choice?

Thank you,

Steve Erbach