[AccessD] Computer prose

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 18:38:12 CDT 2009

Good point, Stuart! Maybe we should initiate a contest harking back to the
original Dr. Dobb's Code Obfuscation contest, in which readers were invited
to submit incomprehensible c code. Let's have a contest for incomprehensible
VBA code!
Contest rules:
1. You must provide an installable file for puzzlers that installs and works
out of the zip file.
2. It must do something magical that is not readily comprehended.
3. It must run successfully on any Access platform. Versions and References
must be thoroughly documented, so that any challenger can duplicate the
situation and then attempt to comprehend the code.
4. No code-hiding is permitted. Everything must be available for inspection
and deduction and so on.

Given that this group concentrates on Access, let's confine the initial
contest to VBA code, I suggest, and let's see where it spins from this
starting point. This gives us tools such as Single-Step, Stack Inspection,
etc. so that we can investigate what the code actually does step by step,
what procs call what others, etc.

I would think it only fair in such a competition that Option Explicit be
declared so no "changing datatype" sleight-of-hand is permitted, as well as
no statements such as "Declare lngAddress As String" -- both of which I deem
beneath the dignity of this contest.

Anyone interested in playing this contest?

A.

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 7:18 PM, Stuart McLachlan <stuart at lexacorp.com.pg>wrote:

> "|" or "||"    It all depends on which language.
>
> Many it should be
>
> 2B | !2B. ?
>
> since it is two sentences.
>

> On 20 Sep 2009 at 2:51, Shamil Salakhetdinov wrote:
>
> > 2B || !2B ?
> >
> > --
> > Shamil
> >
> > P.S. FYI: In Russia eternal questions are: "Who is guilty?" and "What to
> > do?" with "Who is guilty?" one taking 99% of the time to "chat about" for
> > ages now...

Semi-retired SQL guru, interested in interesting projects not YAFOES (yet
another friendly order entry system).