[AccessD] OT: Virtual PC 2007 (MS), CITRIX XenServer, CITRIX HDX...

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Sep 21 07:39:08 CDT 2009

VirtualBox can either allocate all the required disk space when you first  set up a VM or
expand the image when required.

I made the mistake of doing the first and then trying to benchmark building big tables in
Access in the VM.   It turned out to be very slow.  Creating the full sized disk up front
resulted in much better results.

I suspect that VMWare and VPC will be the same.

So if you are using the VM  to create large record sets, it will certainly pay to allocate the full
space initially.

--
Stuart