[AccessD] Update or CancelUpdate Without Addnew or Edit

Charlotte Foust cfoust at infostatsystems.com
Mon Sep 21 16:44:48 CDT 2009

No, Max, you aren't listening.  Tabs load only what you tell them to
load and when.  If you don't tell them to load a subform until a
specified event, they don't load a subform.  They're very considerate
that way.  You built your own speed problem by following Microsoft's
instructions and putting all the subform objects into the subform
controls at design time.  That isn't an issue with the tab control,
which is merely a container.  It's an issue of design of the application
you're building, not the tools available to you.

Wiser heads have always waited to load the subforms until they're
needed.  That works just as well with a tab control and saves you a
bunch of subform swapping because the overhead is for the initial load.
After that, you can leave the darn thing on its tab without incurring
additional overhead.  However, you do incur additional overhead if you
unload and load subforms over and over.

Charlotte Foust