[AccessD] A2003:Is a Scheduled Task Running

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Sep 21 19:51:20 CDT 2009

Google is your friend. Turns out to be real simple.

I  found some code at
http://www.bigresource.com/VB-Stop-running-process-on-remote-machine--
A6WPLr1Jnz.html#r7cwGQQdTK

With a few minor mods, we end up with the following which works fine for me.  I suspect you
will need admin rights on the Server for it to work.

Just insert your own values for server and process in CheckRunning.

Option Explicit

Function IsProcessRunning(strServer As String, strProcess As String) As Boolean
Dim Process As Object
Dim strObject As String
IsProcessRunning = False
strObject = "winmgmts://" & strServer
For Each Process In GetObject(strObject).InstancesOf("win32_process")
If UCase(Process.Name) = UCase(strProcess) Then
IsProcessRunning = True
Exit Function
End If
Next
End Function

Public Sub CheckRunning()
Dim strComputer As String
Dim strProcess As String
strComputer = "LEXACORP-MOB1"
strProcess = "Explorer.exe"
If (IsProcessRunning(strComputer, strProcess) = True) Then
Debug.Print strProcess & " " & "is running"
Else
Debug.Print strProcess & " " & "is Not running"
End If

End Sub

Cheers,
Stuart