[AccessD] [dba-SQLServer] HELP, server completely unresponsive

Francisco Tapia fhtapia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:01:33 CDT 2009

In the configuration ( properties) of the server you'll want to leave
at least on CPU for the os so in your quad setup allow for 3 CPUs for
SQL but one for the os or if you don't want to do this then you can
always use the query hint option of MAXDOP=3 so only while the query
runs you only tie up 3 CPUs and not all of them and this allows you to
still have a responsive server.

Sent from my mobile