[AccessD] OT: Words

Max Wanadoo max.wanadoo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 01:32:26 CDT 2009

This is true, cet par.

Max

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Collins, Darryl
Sent: 25 September 2009 01:01
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] OT: Words

Since it is Friday in Oz and this came up I thought I would throw in
another one.

"Second to None"....

Which is used in the context of "this is (one of) the best" - for
example "The quality of the workmanship was second to none", although
second to none to me would suggest it is only barely better than nothing
at all - you would almost be just as well off without it at all. Go
figure....

Aaah, English - even those for whom it is a first language stuggle to
figure it out sometimes.

Cheers
Darryl.