[AccessD] OT: Words

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Sep 25 01:49:01 CDT 2009

Hi Darryl

To me, what you describe would mean "Second to nothing".

Happy - eh - stuggling!!

/gustav

>>> Darryl.Collins at anz.com 25-09-2009 02:00 >>>

Since it is Friday in Oz and this came up I thought I would throw in
another one.

"Second to None"....

Which is used in the context of "this is (one of) the best" - for
example "The quality of the workmanship was second to none", although
second to none to me would suggest it is only barely better than nothing
at all - you would almost be just as well off without it at all. Go
figure....

Aaah, English - even those for whom it is a first language stuggle to
figure it out sometimes.

Cheers
Darryl.