[AccessD] [dba-VB] [dba-SQLServer] HELP, server completely unresponsive

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon Sep 28 17:29:51 CDT 2009

I don't have any user applications on this machine.  It is my SQL Server machine.  I do all of my
dev work, billing, remote desktop client, word, excel etc from my laptop (dev machine).

I do run the SQL Server Management Studio on the machine, but as I indicated, I can't see the server
from a remote machine's SQL Server Management Studio when this is happening so that is not a plus or
a minus.  It works fine directly on this machine when this lockup is not happening, and it doesn't
work from ANY machine when the lockup is happening.

I will look at the "foreground" issue whenever I regain control of the server (tomorrow?).