[AccessD] [dba-VB] [dba-SQLServer] HELP, server completely unresponsive

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Sep 29 07:44:45 CDT 2009

Hi John

I never asked, but my impression is that it is quite steep. But why not ask? I once asked some tech question and the response was very fast and precise - and obtuse.

That said, also Oracle and MySQL offer in-memory engines. At Oracle it is TimesTen, which probably is high-priced and with a different focus, while the MySQL is free:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.4/en/memory-storage-engine.html

However, I think the Kdb engine is by far the fastest of these.

/gustav

>>> jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com 29-09-2009 14:17 >>>
ROTFL.  Have you used this?  Any time the price is conspicuously absent I know something is up.