[AccessD] MySQL questions

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Apr 8 10:29:28 CDT 2010

I am trying to get MySQL installed and working and a C# project talking to it.  I am moving my
billing database to C# as a class project and also because it is VERY long in the tooth and time for
an upgrade.  Because it is a class project I am trying to get it to play with MySQL because I can
carry a small server around on my flash drive and work on it at school as well as anywhere else I
have Visual Studio installed.

So, I get a copy of XAMPLite which other people in the class are using.  It fires up and runs from
the thumb drive but...

On my dev laptop when I run it and then try to go to localhost, I get Microsoft's IIS default web
page, not the XAMPLite server control page like I am supposed to.  Obviously XAMPLite expects that
its server will be the only one running.

So how do I deal with this?  Does anyone know how to get the apache server instance that XAMPLite
loads to point to something other than localhost?

TIA,