[AccessD] changing report caption via code for display in printque

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Wed Apr 14 23:27:49 CDT 2010

Hi Rocky,
I have a bound field on the report for the account number which comes from a
query. What I want to do is change the Report's caption to include the
current account number in the caption.

If you preview a report and then print it (pause your printer so you can
look at its que) you will see that the document name listed in the que is
the report's caption. When there are 9000 documents with that particular
name it becomes meaningless. So what I would like to do is change the
report's caption so that the document name in the print que becomes useful.

I just can't seem to figure out how to do this without previewing every
report, which, would be an absurd thing to do.

I recall seeing something about this in the past but I can't find the thread
now.