[AccessD] Access databases - migration project

William Hindman wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com
Fri Apr 16 11:38:59 CDT 2010

...imnsho Sharepoint is a dead end tech, an interim sop by MS to keep its
desktop golden goose churning out the profits ...but there are far too many
advantages business wise to a full blown cloud based application structure
for MS to keep its desktop/sharepoint products in the mix for very long
...the reason I'm moving from Access to VS/Net as a primary development
platform ...its apparent in Office 2010 that MS recognizes the move to the
cloud is inevitable but I think its too little too late ...that said, MS has
a very dedicated business user community with lots of investment in its
desktop structure (witness how many are still wedded to IE6) so it may yet
find a way too keep them ...but with Google, Amazon, and IBM (among others)
providing more and more alternatives, we'll see.

William