[AccessD] OT: Friday Puzzles

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Apr 26 17:25:34 CDT 2010

I was sailing at the weekend and catching up with work yesterday so I have only just had a
look at this thread.

Here's my take on it.  Assume 100 soldiers to avoid having to retype "percent" all the time.

1. 15  did not lose a leg
2. 20  did not an arm
3. 25  did not an ear
4. 30  did not lose an eye

Best case (for the general):
These were all different soldiers, that means that 90 fall into one of these categories and 10
lost all four items.
.
Worst case:
All of the cat 1,2  and 3 soldiers also fall into cat 4 - in which case 70  lost all four items.

--
Stuart