[AccessD] Access 2007 ODBC Connection to SQL Server

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 30 00:56:23 CDT 2010

Hi Brad:

I have posted this here can couple of times but here is the method I use
when creating a connection to a server of various types.

1. Create an empty text file on the desktop but make the extension ".udl"
2. An ODBC module will appear and then you can create a connection to a MS
SQL or any other standard database connection. You can then test to see if
the connection does connect.
3. If you want to take that connection text so you can insert that info in
you Access application rename the ODBC connection module to a file with a
".txt" extension.

You can switch back and forth by just changing the extension.

HTH
Jim