[AccessD] A strange situation

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Fri Apr 30 15:53:12 CDT 2010

Well...

I like it except for two issues.

1) Users occasionally get confused between what is selected - dark or light.  Or is that just me?  ')
2) If there are a lot of groups it would either require a long list control or a scroll.  There are
potentially up to 32 groups, though in practice we only have a handful at the moment.

I am going to be setting up "table driven" security where a table has records for each form with the
visible, allowedits etc properties.  The "security officer" can manipulate these records via the
form we are discussing.

Additionally The user will be able to manipulate visible and enabled properties for controls on the
form as they are manipulating the form properties.  A list is MUCH simpler, that is for sure.

The list would contain the names of the security groups.  The "selected" groups would be able to
manipulate the property.  The programming would be much simpler for sure.

I am going to give this a run and see what it looks like.