[AccessD] Laccdb - Lock File Issues

Brad Marks brad.marks1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 14:56:59 CDT 2010

All,

We have never paid a lot of attention to the Access 2007 Laccdb lock file in
the past.

Recently we have run into some issues and I am trying to get up to speed
with this file and how it works.

We are using a Windows Terminal Services environment.  We have a small
number of scheduled jobs that automatically run Access Reports and then
Email them at night.  No user is logged on when this happens.

At appears that one of our scheduled jobs did not run properly and now we
have an Laccdb file that we cannot delete.

If we open with Laccdb file work notepad, we see this info

TS                Admin                   TS                  Admin

How can we delete this file?

It appears that our automated jobs will still run, even with this lock file.

We have done some experimenting and we can see how the lock file prevents us
from making any changes to a form or report.  It appears that such things as
Append Queries will still run, however.  Is this true?

Is there a way to force Access to not write a lock file.  The end-users are
all using an accdR version of the system.  They are therefore not able to
make any changes to the application, they can only use the application.  It
seems like we really don't need any lock protection for this application.
 Is there a way to turn it off so that we don't have to deal with this
problem in the future.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brad