[AccessD] Report Heading in an sub-report

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Fri Aug 6 14:22:37 CDT 2010

A.D.:

Worked perfectly - thanks so much.

Best,

Rocky

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of A.D. Tejpal
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 7:32 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Report Heading in an sub-report

Rocky,

    If it is a single column subreport, your objective can be met by placing
the report header content in a group header (with its Repeat Section
property set to Yes). As you know, subreport's page header does not get
displayed and can not therefore be used for this purpose.

    However, for multi-column reports, the situation becomes ticklish, as
the group headers get displayed over each column. If it is required that the
report header for a multi-page subreport should get displayed across all
columns and be repeated on each page, there is an interesting solution
involving use of header subreport in an outer dummy group header of the
subreport in question. This supplementary subreport within the original
subreport serves as surrogate page header. The contents to be displayed are
preferably included in report header section of this sub-subreport.

    The approach outlined above is demonstrated in my sample db named
SubReport_GroupHdrAcrossColumns. It is in access 2000 file format and is
available at Rogers Access Library. Link -
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=45

    Note:
          In order to prevent distorted display of columns, suitable
additional number of blank dummy group headers should be inserted so as to
ensure that their total number equals the number of columns. Repeat Section
property of each such group header should be set to Yes.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal